Greetings, aspiring engineers!
Are you ready to start your exciting journey in the world of engineering? If you're someone who wants to pursue a full-time Engineering and Technology program (B.E./B. Tech.) in Maharashtra, then you've come to the right place.
In this blog post, we'll break down the admission process, eligibility criteria and important instructions regarding the admission process.
The State Common Entrance Test Cell issued a notice on July 3, 2023 regarding the admission process of B.E/B.Tech (4 years) and Master of Engineering and Technology (Integrated- 5 years) for the academic year 2023-24.
Let's delve into the details of this notice and get you started on the path to your dream engineering career!
Embracing the Digital Era: Online Registration and Document Verification
Gone are the days of standing in long queues for registration and document verification. Now, with the power of the internet, you can complete the entire process from the comfort of your home. All you need is a computer connected to the Internet. You have the option to choose between E-Scrutiny (online) or Physical Scrutiny (in-person) for document verification. Just select your preferred mode while filling the online form. If you choose E-Scrutiny, then your documents will be verified and confirmed by the designated E- Scrutiny Centre through online mode. If you select the Physical Scrutiny mode, then you need to visit the nearest Physical Scrutiny Centre.
Are You Ready to Join the League of Engineers? Let's See If You Meet the Criteria!
Now, let's talk about the eligibility criteria for admissions. To be eligible, you need to fulfil the following requirements:
Category 1: For Maharashtra State Candidates
- You must be an Indian National.
- You must have cleared the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with one of the specified subjects, such as Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Technical Vocational subjects, Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics Practices, Agriculture, Engineering Graphics, Business Studies, Electronics and Entrepreneurship. You need to obtain a minimum of 45% marks if you belong to the open category and 40% for reserved categories (Backward Class, Economically Weaker Section and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- You must have appeared for all the subjects in MHT-CET 2023 and obtained a non-zero score.
- If you are someone who completed a minimum of 3 years Diploma in Engineering and Technology, and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks in case of Backward class categories, Economically Weaker Sections and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- If you passed 3 years of Diploma in Vocation (D. Voc.) in the same or allied sector.
Category 2: All India Candidates (AI), Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Migrant Candidates
- You should be an Indian National.
- You must have cleared the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with one of the specified subjects. The subjects are Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Technical Vocational subjects, Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics Practices, Agriculture, Engineering Graphics, Business Studies, Electronics and Entrepreneurship. You need to obtain a minimum of 45% marks if you belong to the open category and 40% for reserved categories (Backward Class, Economically Weaker Section and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- You must have appeared for all the subjects in MHT-CET 2023 and obtained a non-zero score. However, preference shall be given to the candidate obtaining a positive score in JEE Main (B.E/B.Tech) over the candidates who obtained a non-zero score in MHT-CET 2023. For example, if JEE Main (B.E/B.Tech) candidate scored 85 and the MHT-CET candidate scored 90 then preference will be given to JEE Main candidate.
- If you are someone who successfully completed a minimum of 3 years' Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks, in case of Backward Class, Economically Weaker Section and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- If you passed three years of D. Voc. in the same or allied sector.
Category 3: NRI/OCI/PIO, Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC), Foreign National (FN) Candidates
- You must have passed the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the specified subjects. The specified subjects are Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Technical Vocational Subject, Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics Practices, Agriculture, Engineering Graphics, Business Studies, Electronics and Entrepreneurship. You must have at least 45% marks in the above subjects taken together.
- Any other criterion declared from time to time by the appropriate authority as defined under the Act.
Start Your Engineering Journey with Just a Few Clicks Navigating the Online Registration Process
- To kick-start your admission process, you need to register online on the official website www.mahacet.org within the specified schedule (Refer Table 2).
- If you have already registered for MHT-CET 2023, then you are not required to pay any fee for registration for admission. However, if you are someone who has obtained a score in JEE (Main) which is valid for admission in the academic year 2023-24, but have not registered for MHT-CET 2023, then you are required to pay a fee as given below.
- The payment should be done only through Online mode via Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking etc.
Point to be noted: Fees once paid is non-refundable. No other mode of payment shall be permitted.
Table 1: Amount to Be Paid Based on Category
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Migrant candidates & children of Indian workers in Gulf countries (CIWGC).
|Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, EWS] & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.
Important Dates and Instructions: Mark Your Calendar!
Here are some key dates and instructions to keep in mind:
Table 2: Important B.Tech and B.E Maharashtra Admission Events and Dates
A) Online Registration and Uploading of Documents:
For Maharashtra State/All India/ NRI/OCI/PIO/CIWGC/ FN/ Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Migrant Candidates Registration
Note:- Candidates opting for Maharashtra plus AI Candidature as well as NRI/PIO/OCI/CIWGC should apply separately for each type.
||07*-07-2023 up to 05:00 p.m
B) Documents Verification and Confirmation of Application Form for Admission by Online Mode:
a) Maharashtra State/All India Candidates shall fill application form and upload the required documents online.
Process for Candidates Who Opt for E-Scrutiny Mode:
1. Such candidates shall fill application form, scan an original document and upload the required documents online.
2. Online applications and documents will be verified and confirmed by the E-Scrutiny Centre through E-Scrutiny Mode.
3. During E-Scrutiny of Application
I) If no error is found: the status of verification & confirmation of the application form shall be available in the candidate’s Login along with receipt cum Acknowledgement.
ii) If error is found: the details of errors shall be intimated to the candidate by reverting back his/her Application for its rectification through the candidate’s Login.
Candidate shall edit the reverted Application form and re-submit the application for E-Scrutiny through his/her login.
Candidate shall edit the reverted Application within the given E-Scrutiny schedule through his/her login.
Process for Candidates Who Select Physical Scrutiny Mode:
1. Such candidates have to visit the Physical Scrutiny Centre online selected by himself/herself, along with the required documents as per the allotted time slot for online filling, scanning & uploading of required documents, verification and confirmation of application form.
2. After verification and confirmation of application form, the Physical Scrutiny Centre shall issue the receipt cum Acknowledgement.
b) Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Migrant/NRI/PIO/OCI/CIWGC/FN candidates should send the print of online filled and submitted application form along with a copy of uploaded documents by hand/speed post/courier for verification and confirmation to the “Director, Sardar Patel College of Engineering (SPCE), Versova Road,
Munshi Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai-400058”.
||08*-07-2023 up to 05:00 p.m
*Facility of Online Registration & Documents verification, confirmation of Application Form for Admission to Seats other than CAP Seats shall be continued till the Cut-off Date for all types of admissions for the Academic Year 2023-24, up to 5:00 p.m. through online E- Verification by E-Scrutiny Centre or Physical Verification at the Physical Scrutiny Centre.
- Applications registered after July 7, 2023 shall be considered only for Non-CAP Seats.
- Applications confirmed by E-Scrutiny Centre/ Physical Scrutiny Centre after July 8, 2023 shall be considered only for Non-CAP Seats.
Important Note for Candidates Seeking Admission through CAP Process: Rules to Play By
In order to streamline the admission process and ensure transparency, the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) has provided important instructions for candidates applying for admission through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) in Maharashtra. It is crucial for candidates to understand and adhere to these instructions to avoid any complications during the admission process.
- Registration and Document Uploading: All candidates, regardless of their category, must register themselves online for admission under CAP seats. During registration, candidates are required to scan and upload their documents. It is essential to complete this process accurately and within the specified timeline.
- Grievance Resolution: You may encounter grievances raised by the Physical Scrutiny Centre (PSC) during in-person scrutiny or by the E-Scrutiny Centre during e-verification. The resolution of these grievances depends on the document verification mode chosen by you. It is important to address and resolve any raised grievances promptly.
- NRI/OCI/PIO, CIWGC, FN Candidates and UT Candidates: If you belong to the NRI/OCI/PIO, CIWGC, and FN category, or Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Migrant, a separate procedure applies. After registration and confirmation of their application at the designated centre, you must approach the respective institute directly for admission. The CET Cell may publish a separate list of registered and eligible candidates for these categories on their website.
- Institutional Quota Seats: Candidates seeking admission to seats other than CAP seats, such as Institutional Quota seats, must apply separately to the institutes. These candidates need to complete the registration, document verification and application confirmation process at the E-Scrutiny Centre or Physical Scrutiny Centre. The merit list for such candidates will be prepared by the respective institutes.
Important Instructions for Candidates:
- Confirmation of Application: If candidates fail to confirm their online filled application by the E-Scrutiny Centre or Physical Scrutiny Centre, then their application will be rejected. Such applications will not be included in the merit list for both CAP and Non-CAP admissions.
- Validity Certificates and Non-Creamy Layer Certificates: Candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT), OBC, SBC and EWS categories must produce their respective validity certificates (Caste Validity Certificate for SC and ST, and Non-Creamy Layer certificate for OBC, SBC and EWS). Failure to provide the original certificates or receipts during the verification process will result in treating these candidates as General category candidates for CAP admissions.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Candidates: EWS candidates must produce the Eligibility Certificate for the Economically Weaker Section as per the format specified in the Maharashtra State Government Resolution. This certificate is required for claiming an EWS reservation.
- J&K and Ladakh Migrant/NRI/PIO/OCI/CIWGC/FN Candidates: Candidates from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh, as well as NRI/PIO/OCI/CIWGC/FN candidates, will receive a Receipt-cum-Acknowledgement through their login after the confirmation of their application by the Scrutiny Centre. Applications received after the specified deadline will be rejected.
- Reservation Claim without Required Certificate: Candidates who have registered under a reserved category but fail to produce the necessary certificate during the verification stage must pay the difference in the fee amounting to Rs. 200/- through online mode only.
- Uploading and Verifying Original Certificates: Reserved category candidates who have submitted the receipt of their Caste/Tribe Validity Certificate, Non-Creamy Layer Certificate or EWS Certificate during registration or verification must upload and verify the original certificates at the designated Centre. The original certificates must also be submitted to the admitted institute before the specified deadline. Failure to comply will result in the automatic cancellation of admission, and the candidate will be considered as an Open category candidate in subsequent rounds, provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
General Notes and Pro Tips:
- The List of Physical Scrutiny Centres is available on the website along with eligibility, rules & regulations for admission.
- The schedule displayed above is provisional and may change under unavoidable circumstances. The revised schedule, if any, will be notified on the website www.mahacet.org.
- Seek Assistance: If you have any queries or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to the helpline No. 18002103111 / 9175108612 between 10:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
- All Types of Document Verification Activity remains open all days, including Saturday & Sunday between 10:00 a.m. to 05:30 p.m.
- Stay Updated: Keep an eye on the official website for any changes in the schedule or additional instructions.
- Be Prepared: Gather all the required documents and certificates well in advance to avoid last-minute hassles.
Congratulations on taking the first step towards your engineering dreams! With the convenience of online registration and document verification, the admission process in Maharashtra has become more accessible and stress-free. Just make sure to meet the eligibility criteria, follow the instructions and submit all the necessary documents on time.
Best of luck for your engineering journey and may you build a successful career in this exciting field!